Hidden Warning Signs Of Epilepsy You Should Not Ignore:
Knowing the hidden signs of epilepsy (“seizure disorders”) is especially important for parents. The Epilepsy Foundation of Americapresently has underway a campaign to inform parents about the hidden signs
of epilepsy in children. Here are some basic facts and figures about
- Epilepsy is the third most common neurological disorder after stroke and
Alzheimer’s disease, affecting 2.3 million Americans of all ages.
- 10 % of all Americans will have at least one seizure during their
- Nationwide, 181,000 new cases are diagnosed each year – about 20 per
- Most new cases occur among children and the elderly.
- 70% of all cases have an unknown cause.